Re: netscape crashes on potato

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Dan Nguyen wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 30, 1999 at 12:28:53AM -0700, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> > I'm not sure if it's me or not...but on 3 out of 4 of my potato systems,
> > Netscape seems to crash an awful lot with bus errors.  I've tried several
> > different versions out of potato as well as 2 different ones staring from
> > netscape's site.
> >
> > Is this just me??or is this a glibc2.1 issue?
>
> My netscape just loves to go insane.  I try to visit a page, and it
> begins to take up 100% cpu time, and doesn't stop.  Generally after a
> minute of waiting to see that it's gone I end up killing it.  I've had
> this problem with 4.5 and 4.51

I've had this, too, with both navigator 4.0x and navigator 4.5x. Try
disabling java support and see if that helps. It helped me a lot.

Somehow, either the java vm in glibc2 netscape is very buggy or there are
a whole lot of buggy java applets out there, or both.

Remco
--
rd1936: 10:45pm  up 17 days, 22:41,  8 users,  load average: 2.04, 2.11, 2.14