Re: German Dictionary (fwd)

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> I fail to see why using sed and grep is `bad design' and using perl
> isn't? (yes, I know sed isn't very fast currently, but Richard Braakman
> has plans to speed it up considerably).
I don't want to bother sed but in my opinion handling of the two different
spellings (umlauts and 7-bit) could be handled much more easier.

Moreover my (bran new for me) Randal L. Schwartz book says that perl
is in most cases faster than grep or sed.  But I'm far away from
beeing an experienced perl programmer and do not know more about that.

Kind regards

        Andreas.