Re: How to make boot-floppies work with 2.2 kernel?

On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 11:16:22AM +0200, Farzad Farid wrote:
>  I'm trying to make a version of the boot-floppies (Slink) that runs with
> a kernel 2.2.5 because I need one of the latest drivers. Unfortunately the
> rescue disk doesn't work at all (the curses interface doesn't react to
> keyboard input, some other errors...).

I managed to make it work well enough to use.  After the install program
starts and won't respond to keyboard input, I switch to a free virtual
terminal and start another instance of the installer (whatever it's called).
Somehow, it works fine.

But the GNU Project did one other crucial thing which no one else did: we
made a complete free operating system our explicit goal.
- Richard Stallman