Re: Intent to package: GREED

On Sun, Apr 25, 1999 at 06:00:09PM -0700, Robert Woodcock wrote:
> Pedro Guerreiro wrote:
> >GREED is a utility similar to GetRight for Windows. It allows you to resume
> >downloads from ftp or http servers (as long as this feature is supported by
> >the server), and supports proxy servers.
> >
> >Homepage at http://www.public.asu.edu/~arturner/index.html
>
> Sheesh, we've had wget for a long time, recently curl pops up, and now we
> have greed? How many of these things does debian need? :)

Well, I guess it needs as many as everyone wants to package. Nowhere in Debian
is said that only _one_ of any king of package is needed. If this were the case
then we wouldn't have emacs, because we had vi first, we wouldn't have
Afterstep, WindowMaker, Enlightenment, etc... because we already have twm, we
wouldn't have smail, exim and the likes because we all already have sendmail,
and the list goes on, and on, and on, and... you get the picture :))

Anyway, wget is only a command line utility, and greed is planned to have an
X interface soon (I don't know about curl).

--
Pedro Guerreiro (aka digito)    (pguerreiro@bigfoot.com)
Diplomacy: the art of letting someone have your own way.