Re: Debian Menus (Was: Re: [PROPOSED] moving the menu hierarchy into debian policy)

On Wed, Apr 21, 1999 at 06:09:11AM +0200, Juergen A. Erhard wrote:

> I somewhat agree with you... the only problem being: what if I edited
> my menu and the admin then installs another package, one that I'm not
> interested in?
>
> Would it still be installed in my menu?  Even if the submenu it
> installs in (like Apps, say) doesn't exist in my menu?
>
> I think... some (nice) way of advertising this would be best here.
> Extending motd, anyone?  Is there some sys that puts more into motd
> than now?  Maybe... something like the GIMPs startup tips window, so
> when one logs into X, it's somewhere...
>
> All that needs to be configurable, of course (and it needs to be
> written :-}

If I don't  miss the point, it is all nice by debian.
The user can make overwrite the menu items and the menu methods in this
home dir and can make a private update-menu run only for his menues.

I don't see the problem.

Grisu
--
Michael Bramer -- a Debian Linux Developer        http://www.debian.org