Re: cfs???

On Wed, Apr 21, 1999 at 01:24:10AM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 04:24:35PM +1000, Chris Leishman wrote:
> > CFS has been non-functional for a while, and the original maintainer has
> > vanished.  Since then I have totally repackaged cfs and updated for libc6 and
> > it is almost ready for upload.  I have sent mail to wnpp regarding this.
>
> Excellent! How did you fix the problems in the CFS upstream source
> (or did you find a newer version)? As far as I could tell it referred
> to lots of members of RPC structs which are now in different places.

No.  The only changes required was to remove instances of truerand (replaced
with /dev/random) and replace the function calls with the svc versions. eg:

-nfsproc_getattr_2(ap,rp)
-     nfs_fh *ap;
-     SR rp;
+nfsproc_getattr_2_svc(nfs_fh *ap, struct svc_req *rp)

This was actually passed onto me by someone who had worked on it for a while.
See the .diff.gz for details.

At the moment my postinst writes directly to /etc/exports (to configure
your nfs bootstrap) - which is not policy compliant.  Can you suggest any
way around this?

Also - in my research of the program it came to my notice that this code
should never have been released from the US (it was developed there).  Now
that is out of the US are there any legal issues for debian?

Regards,

Chris

The box said "Windows 95, NT or better" .. so I installed Debian Linux
Reply with subject 'request key' for PGP public key.  KeyID 0xA9E087D5