perl scripts and lintian warnings

Hi,

I get the following warning from lintian on my libace4.6-doc package:

   W: libace4.6-doc: executable-not-elf-or-script usr/doc/libace4.6-doc/examples/tutorials/colorize

This apparently occurs since this perl script (and others) starts with
the following:

eval '(exit $?0)' && eval 'exec perl -w -S $0 ${1+"$@"}'
    & eval 'exec perl -S $0 $argv:q'
    if 0;

All of the perl scripts start with this since a Perl book suggests
starting perl scripts with the above since it allows you to run the
script without explicitly stating where perl is located in the path.

Since this is actually suggested in a book, it seems reasonable that
many other perl scripts start this way, hence causing lintian to give
warnings.

Should I edit all the scripts (*ugh*) to use the standard
"#!/usr/bin/perl" or should lintian's lab be updated?  I assume the
former should be done since the existing perl scripts don't conform to
Debian policy, right?

Thanks for any opinions.
-Ossama
Ossama Othman <othman@cs.wustl.edu>
58 60 1A E8 7A 66 F4 44  74 9F 3C D4 EF BF 35 88  1024/8A04D15D 1998/08/26