Re: DFSG non-free packages in non-US

Guy Maor <maor@debian.org> writes:

> Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
>
> > argh, whatever happened to striking the idea of a separate parallel non-us
> > entirely and replacing it with a package header that controlled which mirrors
> > picked up the package?
>
> Requiring our archive to be mirrored with special programs is not a
> good idea.

The proposal hard the archive creating symlink farms for the mirrors to look
at. I think that's unnecessary, surely any decent mirroring program can take a
filename listing files to exclude? But I don't know this, and the person
proposing the symlink farm probably knew more about mirroring software.

greg