UK Lecture by Whitfield Diffie on Public Key Cryptography
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org ( Debian developers list)
- Subject: UK Lecture by Whitfield Diffie on Public Key Cryptography
- From: Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk>
- Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 14:38:25 +0100 (BST)
- Message-id: <E10U9a5-0005UB-00@polya>
[Please don't reply to this list -- it's almost certainly not
relevant! I'm posting this here since it may be of interest to
UK-based developers -- Julian]
----- Forwarded message from Peter Cameron -----
From: Peter Cameron <P.J.Cameron@qmw.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 09:49:57 GMT
Subject: Lecture by Whitfield Diffie
Dr Whitfield Diffie, one of the discoverers of public-key cryptography,
will give a lecture entitled
"Non-secret Encryption and Public Key Cryptography"
in the Gustave Tuck Lecture Theatre, University College, London,
on Thursday 29 April 1999 at 17:30.
He will discuss the history of public-key cryptography and, in particular,
its independent (but earlier and unpublished) discovery by a group at
GCHQ under the name "Non-secret encryption".
The talk is sponsored by the British Society for the History of Mathematics
and the Department of Computer Science, UCL. Dr Diffie is at Sun
----- End of forwarded message from Peter Cameron -----