Re: current document policy ?

*Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> lapeyre> wanted to say: Is there any documentation on what the
> lapeyre> currently preferred method is for registering documentations
> lapeyre> with some system (like dwww).  Something in developer's
> lapeyre> corner like the "menu system" document would be nice.
>
> lapeyre> I couldn't find anything indicating that document
> lapeyre> registration system exists.  Thanks for any clues...  John
>
> Install doc-base, it has documentation.  It has no official blessing
> (like debhelper), but it's widely regarded as the most convenient
> system.  It's hardcoded to drive dwww and dhelp now; I'm hoping to
> replace all that with a hook system so it can drive 'n' different
> backend display systems.

	Thanks to everyone who responded.  I am getting  my packages
registered with menu and doc-base for potato.  I am a bit concerned about
doc-base. I understand that doc-base has some design flaws that you want to
fix.  Will the interface for the maintainers change?

--
John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>,  lapeyre@debian.org