Clueless developers are bad for Free Software (was Clueless users are bad for debian (was Let's CENSOR it!))

Havoc Pennington writes:
> I appreciate your 20/20 hindsight but...
its not 20/20 hindsight. we saw the 0.99 release series and
we were skeptic of the 1.0 release even before downloading. why is gnome
so hard to compile at 1.0 release? you cant deny this release was
to gain publicity at linux world expo. for shame.

zdnet has very good coverage of this,

http://www.zdnet.com/enterprise/linux/news/0,6423,2232039,00.html

ps this repost with new and improved subject line.  developers who criticize
users should consider carefully consider their own actions first.