Re: Reviving Debian QA

On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 02:14:00PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Why not just extend lintian, or parse lintian report output, to be
> able to submit bugs.  We'd need to do a bit a work: (a) getting
> approval from this list to submit bugs based on this or that lintian
> tags (b) the actual work
>
> I wouldn't mind the lintian maintainer's thoughts here.
We do it, more or less by hand when we have time.  If you automate
something, take into account that 1) lintian runs every day and/so 2) there
needs to be some way to prevent filing a bug report every day.

Something I was thinking about (and I havn't run it by Richard, yet) was
sending out a monthly report to each maintainer of the packages they have
with lintian errors... with blocks for maintainers that request not to have
the report... maybe only for maintainers with "certain tags"