Re: Quick note, re public flaming and such.

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 07:36:11PM -0500, Brian Almeida wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 07:15:36PM -0500, Phillip R. Jaenke wrote:
> > > That doesn't belong on the list. Period. Personal problems stay in
> > > personal email.
> > People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
> Indeed. What is your authority to tell us how to conduct ourselves, Phillip?

Then _I'll_ say it.

Personal flames don't belong here.  This ought be obvious, and ought
to be accepted no matter who articulates it, and no matter how many
people would like to get involved in a personal flamefest with said
articulator.  Don't go ruining one of the few mailing lists that is
still relatively free of personal attacks - take them away from here,
if you must for some reason indulge in such behavior.

I had thought on this list we were a bit less petty than this thread
(and the posts that prompted it) would indicate.