Re: We can halve volume by not allowing nondevelopers to post

>That said, _subscriber_ only posting is probably a good idea.  If someone
>cannot even be bothered to subscribe to the list before posting

On the surface, this seemed like a very good idea.

Then I suddenly woke up and remembered that I subscribe to this "mailing
list" as a news group...

(sidenote: using a mailing list thoughout the organisation that supplies
me with my Internet access reduces bandwidth requirements on an already
congested Internet connection.)