Re: Intent to package xmemos

On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 11:18:02PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> I have checked, and /usr/doc/lyx/copyright reads:
>
>   Copyright:
>
>   LyX is free software, so you can freely copy and use it. But to protect
>   the authors, who have put a substantial amount of free time in developing
>   this product, you must follow some guidelines, in this case it's the
>   "GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE" version 2 or any later version.
>
> it makes no mention of special exemptions.
>
> NOTE: this is not a call to remove lyx from the distribution.
I don't know what to tell you.  It sounds like the ftpmasters and the
-legal masters (not must camp followers like myself) need to sit down and
hash out what is legal and not legal regarding this.  I'm pretty sure that
*this* is the reason KDE was pulled, finially, and not everybody's moral
objection to Qt.