Re: Slink to potato upgrade

On Sunday 21 March 1999, at 22 h 38, the keyboard of Joel Klecker <jk@espy.org>
 wrote:

> My package, my decision. My decision: no.

It is an interesting political problem for the whole Debian project. Can a developer be the Absolute Overlord and Master for his packages? It makes sense for a "terminal" package, one which is not used by other packages, but what about base packages such as the libc? I'm the maintainer of dupload, which is used by the vast majority of Debian packages for uploading. What if I decide to add a mandatory lintian check in dupload? "My package, my decision" ?