Re: Slink to potato upgrade

"Stephane" == Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@pasteur.fr> writes:

Stephane> It is an interesting political problem for the whole Debian
Stephane> project. Can a developer be the Absolute Overlord and Master

Actually we do have a mechanism for this, the Technical Committee that
was created when we ratified the Constitution.  But they've never had
to act, and hopefully never will.  :-)

Stephane> which is used by the vast majority of Debian packages for
Stephane> uploading. What if I decide to add a mandatory lintian check
Stephane> in dupload? "My package, my decision" ?

Yup.  Because its terminal I bet the TC wouldn't interfere even if
asked.  But actually this sounds like a nice option for dupload.

And dinstall, for that matter.  :-)

I see no reason why dinstall should install packages which fail basic
Policy tests, or which have dependencies which can't be met.

---------------------  PGP  E4 70 6E 59 80 6A F5 78  63 32 BC FB 7A 08 53 4C

   __ _    Debian GNU         Johnie Ingram <johnie@netgod.net>      mm   mm
  / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __       www.netgod.net irc.debian.org         mm mm
/ /__| | | | | |_| |>  <      World Domination, of course.           mm   mm
\____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\           And scantily clad females.       GO BLUE