Slink to potato upgrade

Of course potato isn't going to be released anytime soon, but I think we
need to think about this really early in order to get this right.

Here is the issue: how are we going to make the glibc2 to glibc2.1
upgrade as painless as possible? With the bo -> hamm upgrade the
approach was reasonably simple: first move the a.out libraries out of
the way and then install the new things. But that does not work for this
upgrade.

Right now the only answer I see is that anything that breaks should
simply be ugpraded. But that is not a good solution: we really can't
expect users to test all packages to see if they still work and upgrade
those that don't. This means we need another approach to this.

So, does anyone have some ideas about this?

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl