Re: We can halve volume by not allowing nondevelopers to post

This was a part of the point I tried to make previously.  Just because someone
is not a developer does NOT mean they can't make constructive comments.  The
problem is with threads like this one, that keep going on and on, with no end in
sight.  A moderator would be the best way to eliminate a lot of the problems,
but as someone had already mentioned, who would take that job?  My suggestion
here is that if we spin off another mailing list for any thread that goes beyond
20 posts, that would keep the volume down.  While I don't have the bandwidth to
handle it at the moment, I suggest that someone who does open a new list, and
anyone who wants to discuss this further can post it on THERE, not here.  Anyone
agree, disagree with this idea?  (and yes, I may not be a developer YET, but
that doesn't mean I can't try to help with these type of issues.)

							Dave Bristel
							targon@targonia.com