Re: We can halve volume by not allowing nondevelopers to post

Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> Reducing the traffic in -devel by a quarter to a third by excluding
> nondeveloper postings would IMO be a clearly good thing.

Right.  And what do we do when nobody wants to become a developer
anymore because we don't even allow questions from non-developers to
developers?

> However, I think the effect would be even more dramatic, because of
> the effect that one posting generates more postings.  If nondevelopers
> didn't post, we wouldn't have developers following up to them because
> they felt impelled to disagree.

I've seen far more immature behavior on the part of some of the
developers.  Gee, I guess we ought to close debian-devel to all Debian
developers then, because it will really decrease traffic!