Re: /var/run/utmp

At 07:49 +0100 1999-03-16, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
I'll look into it when I can find some time.

Still, utmp or no utmpd, I still am convinced we do not need the
utmp/utmpx monstrosity

I did NMU sysvinit with a new bootmisc.sh, but I sent you the diff so it should be easy for you to undo the damage. I am doing another NMU to back it out. The only other package changed for this was base-files; Santiago, would you back out the utmpx/wtmpx stuff in the base-files postinst?
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                     <URL:http://web.espy.org/>
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                  <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>