Re: New Release Manager / VP-Engineering

Brian White wrote:
> Truth be told, I'm not sorry about leaving.  I'm tired of abuse
> from people who don't like the fact that their package was rejected
> from "frozen" and the inability of the archive maintainer to do the
> major jobs (like freezing) within a reasonable time or even when he
> said he'd have it done by.  The job is no longer any fun for me and
> thus I won't do as good of a job as I would do otherwise.

Although I have been nagging you and criticizing your work as release
manager I have always acknowledged it.  I'd like to express my thank
for the work you've done.  I hope you'll find time to work on different
parts of free sofware now.

> Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> has expressed interest in taking over
> the position and I support him for that role.  I have worked with him
> in the past and think he would be good at the job.

I appreciate this interest and would love to see dark as release
manager.

Regards,

	Joey

--
All language designers are arrogant.  Goes with the territory...
	-- Larry Wall