Re: non-us

Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu> writes:

> "J.H.M. Dassen" <jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl> writes:
>
> > I for one would very much like to see non-US have "main", "contrib",
> > "non-free" and "project/experimental" sections.
>
> Seconded (though I think if you really want this to go anywhere, it
> needs to be taken more formally to debian-policy).

Nonono, whatever happened to the total reorganization that was planned?
Moving master outside the US and having restrictions in the package headers
so that US mirrors could exclude crypto software.

I believe this is absolutely essential for the future. Real network security
cannot be considered an addon or something extra that isn't part of the
release process. Crypto packages should be considered an integral part of the
system.

greg