Re: EISA hell

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Simon Dicker wrote:

> Dear Anyone
>
> I am trying to port some C software from DOS to LINUX.  The software
> drives a (custom) EISA board using routines such as inportb and outport
> from the dos.h library.  So far I can not find equivalent LINUX routines,
> nor can I get the PC (a pentium) to recognize the board.  I am now at the
> stage of beating my head against the wall.  Could anyone point me in a
> good direction?
> 		Thanks for any help you can give
> 						Simon
> PS the board is based on a JDR-PR10 prototyping board but so far I can
> find no information on how to program this under any language.

I've never heard of a JDR-PR10, but I'm probably one of the *very* few
people on here who even know about EISA, much less it's little
intracicies.

FYI; don't. Don't don't don't. Just make a DOS bootdisk, put the EISA
utils on it, and deal with it. Unless the drivers are absolutely
*necessary* for the board's operation (ie; it's a backplane), EISA is
already supported in the kernel.

| Phillip R. Jaenke       | "Not all wisdom comes from without;  |
| prj@nls.net             |  much wisdom can only come from      |
| InterNIC: PRJ5          |  within. Only you can teach yourself |
| Professional Unix Guru  |  some of the most important lessons  |
+-------------------------+  of life." --Takes-Many-Roads,       |
Project Head              |              Silent Strider Theurge  |
- http://www.nls.net/mp/prj/linux/ -- http://www.nls.net/mp/prj/ -