EISA hell

Dear Anyone

I am trying to port some C software from DOS to LINUX.  The software
drives a (custom) EISA board using routines such as inportb and outport
from the dos.h library.  So far I can not find equivalent LINUX routines,
nor can I get the PC (a pentium) to recognize the board.  I am now at the
stage of beating my head against the wall.  Could anyone point me in a
good direction?
		Thanks for any help you can give
						Simon

PS the board is based on a JDR-PR10 prototyping board but so far I can
find no information on how to program this under any language.

                                / _ _ \
                                  \_/