CDs: where are we up to?

I previously said:

>The slink release has been a mess, culminating in a last-minute "sorry,
>we missed it again" announcement. If we're going to release properly next
>Tuesday at 00:00 GMT, then we need a schedule like the following:
>
>1. Fixes needed for each set allowed in Tue, Wed, Thu and then _no more
>   uploads_ for any reason. At all. None.

We've had some fixes going in; we need to decide on actions for the
remaining missing/broken packages that have been flagged. Where are we on
each platform right now?

>2. Starting _now_ we have people building CD images for each platform.
>   These will need to be re-done again later as uploads are made, but we
>   need feedback _now_ if there are any missing packages or other CD image
>   problems.

I've seen some feedback here, but not very much...

>3. On Friday final images are made for each of the release architectures.
>   I can do i386 and source, we need volunteers for m68k, alpha and sparc.
>   Let us know ASAP if you can help.. Steve, you willing to do sparc still?
>   In theory, one person could do all of them, but in practice this just
>   does not work. And these need to be sanity checked before we pronounce
>   them ready to go.

OK, I'll have i386 and source covered. Steve Dunham has sparc covered
(thanks!). M68k/alpha? Anybody? If it comes to the crunch I can _possibly_
do these, but I will have no way to test them.

And these are still to come.

--
Steve McIntyre, Allstor Software         smcintyr@allstor-sw.co.uk
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,