Gnome-session Startup Issue

I just installed the 0.99 series gnome packages a few days ago, and I
notice that I get several error messages on startup related to
Ice-Authorization and the inability to start the ice window manager.
This makes since, as I do not have icewm installed.

Possible that whoever compiled the gnome-core stuff left some
window-manager specific stuff in the configuration?  Or is there a
config file someplace (not obvious) that needs to be changed?  I don't
see any /etc/gnome stuff and I deleted all .gnome-* directories and
got the same errors.

Thanks,

-Brent