Re: netbase bug?

On Wed, Mar 03, 1999 at 03:05:45PM -0600, Ian Keith Setford wrote:

[ifconfig and aliases under 2.2.x]

> I checked the bug database and didn't see a report related to this so I'm
> wondering if the maintainer caught it and didn't file a report or if I am
> missing something.
>
> Either way, why hasn't a patched version (i.e 3.12-2.1) of netbase been
> moved to the stable/frozen/slink tree?

stable (hamm) and frozen (slink) don't officially support the 2.2 kernel,
and the recent changes to netbase have all been both after the freeze, and
mainly intended towards adding support for 2.2.

I can upload a netbase that works with slink and 2.2 any time, but atm I
don't have anywhere to upload it to.

In short: if you're running a 2.2 kernel, use potato (unstable), or wait
for slink to be updated.

See http://www.debian.org/~rcw/2.2/ for all the known bugs.

Cheers,
aj