Re: install-info problems

"Ossama" == Ossama Othman <othman@cs.wustl.edu> writes:

Ossama> Hi, I was doing a periodic upgrade on of our potato systems
Ossama> and ran into a problem with packages that install info files.

I've seen this on IRC many a time -- it means a GNU install-info found
its way into /usr/local somehow.  The one from dpkg is installed in
/usr/sbin/install-info, and is incompatible with everything else for
reasons that I was never clear on.

---------------------  PGP  E4 70 6E 59 80 6A F5 78  63 32 BC FB 7A 08 53 4C

   __ _    Debian GNU         Johnie Ingram <johnie@netgod.net>      mm   mm
  / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __       www.netgod.net irc.debian.org         mm mm
/ /__| | | | | |_| |>  <      World Domination, of course.           mm   mm
\____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\           And scantily clad females.       GO BLUE