Re: install-info problems

Hi Johnnie,

> Ossama> Hi, I was doing a periodic upgrade on of our potato systems
> Ossama> and ran into a problem with packages that install info files.
>
> I've seen this on IRC many a time -- it means a GNU install-info found
> its way into /usr/local somehow.  The one from dpkg is installed in
> /usr/sbin/install-info, and is incompatible with everything else for
> reasons that I was never clear on.

You were right!  It didn't occur to me that there might be another
install-info installed on squall.  I wonder how it got there.  In any
case, I removed and all is well now.

Thanks again for you help!

-Ossama
Ossama Othman <othman@cs.wustl.edu>
58 60 1A E8 7A 66 F4 44  74 9F 3C D4 EF BF 35 88  1024/8A04D15D 1998/08/26