Re: slink is gone, goals for potato?

first,
you don't understand my or I don't say clear what I say (I belief the
sec.)

On Wed, Mar 03, 1999 at 02:54:45PM +0100, Hartmut Koptein wrote:
> > >   -------------------------------------------------------------
> > >   We should start now with potato!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> > >   -------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > start with frozen, or what?
>
> No, with potato!! Slink should be frozen, now! The one week is for the
> two? bugs, boot-floppies, cd images and testing. And what do the rest
> of 400 - 10 developers???
>
> We must start now with egcs and glibc-2.1. Not in a month or two.
>
> And possible we should also start to reduce the bugs!!!! We have to many
> open!!

this is all right.

The question from my was:
should we start frozen potato?

I see, your answer is: no, first work with potato, then make a frozen
potato.

I agree with this

> > I disagree (a little bit).
> >
> > 1.) slink is not out of the door
>
> ehmmm, will you watch how the door goes open? Sorry!
>
> Debian is not -- or should not -- be static. We must go on!!!!

you don't understand my.

I would say: don't frozen potato, slink is't out of the door.

> > 2.) if we wait o _short_ time, we have the new kernel, gnome (and kde?)
> >     in the distribution.
>
> ??? we cannot work on potato, because we must wait on kernel, kde or
> something? Waiting is bad! It is possible that you waits forever.
>
> We must start now, or we have the same situation as now -- frozen, frozen,
> frozen again, frozen, 1.party, frozen, 2. party, ....
>
> Lets say, the next three months are for developing and bug fixes. After
> that, _one_ !!! month for frozen! + one or two weeks for boot-floppies,
> cd-images and testing. And bug fixes must be done during development phase
> not during frozen!!

that is all ok. I agree.

I must learn a better english...

Grisu