Re: Can I stop xdm/wdm from always starting up?

On Sun, Feb 28, 1999 at 08:46:26AM -0600, chomsky@debian.org wrote:

> The best way, in my opinion, is to delete the symlink in /etc/rc2.d
> that points to /etc/init.d/xdm.  Of course I think that the
> no-xdm-start option should be put back to it would work again, that was
> the best way.

Yeah, that's what I did. I hacked /etc/init.d/[xw]dm so that it reckons
the no-start-[xw]dm option again. The real question is why the hell this
option was removed in the first place? Is there any other way to do this?

> For myself, I am a NeXT-alike interface nut, so i always use wdm ;)

That's two of us, because I use wdm too ;-). The question I made has to do
with both xdm _and_ wdm, I mentioned xdm because it's the common place,
wdm config files are alike.

Pedro Guerreiro
--
Diplomacy: the art of letting someone have your own way.