Re: dbuild running automatically on potato source tre
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org (Bob Hilliard)
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: dbuild running automatically on potato source tre
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Julian Gilbey)
- Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 02:05:55 +0000 (GMT)
- Message-id: <m10GCf5-000IjoC@polya>
- In-reply-to: <m10GA22-000LKVC@bobspc> from Bob Hilliard at "Feb 25, 1999 6:17:26 pm"
> Lars Wirzenius <email@example.com> writes:
> > Bob Hilliard:
> > > My packages dict-[gazetteer|wn|misc] fail because they have an
> > > RCS sub-directory in the debian directory, and dbuild doesn't handle
> > > that properly,
> > Um, why is it necessary to have an RCS repository in the debian files?
> > (I'm not opposing, just curious.)
> It is not _necessary_ to have an RCS repository in the debian
> files, but I find it convenient. I find it desirable to have my rules
> file in RCS, and I don't know of any convenient way to use RCS other
> than from the directory containing the RCS directory.
Just a thought: have you considered the possibility of using CVS and
the cvs-buildpackage etc. scripts?
Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, QMW, Univ. of London. J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk
Debian GNU/Linux Developer. firstname.lastname@example.org
-*- Finger email@example.com for my PGP public key. -*-