Re: dpkg unstable?

On Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 09:01:51PM -0500, Brian White wrote:

> Unfortunately, compiling under Hamm doesn't always been stable for
> Slink.  There are always library changes and other
> incompatibilities, with no time to verify the new version.

So, why don't we wait?  As it is, from what I have gathered (I don't
use any locale stuff), we have a dpkg that is severely broken for
people who don't use the default locale (and who are less likely to be
able to read and comprehend release.notes ?)

If anything, it seems like it might be less stressful for those of us
at linuxworld to be explaining that our release slipped a week than
that our package manager is screwed up, and no, we don't have cd's
anyway.

Or am I just not seeing something clearly?
--
David N. Welton               |   Fortune rota volvitur - descendo minoratus
davidw@prosa.it               |    alter in altum tollitur - nimis exaltatus