Re: slink's dpkg

     Raphael Hertzog <rhertzog@hrnet.fr> writes:

> > Can we just set LC_ALL to C right off in
> > the dpkg code? (Yes, I know it would be an ugly hack.)
>
> I'd rather add it to the Release-Notes...

     If no one objects or corrects my wording, I will add this to the
General Cautions section of the Release-Notes if I can get it into the
archives in time:

:      dpkg does not handle locales properly.  If you use locales, you
: must set LC_ALL=C before upgrading, otherwise dpkg may break during
: the upgrade.

     If you wish to comment, please do so quickly, as the procedure
for getting manual changes installed in the archives is not quick.

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@flinet.com>