Re: Orcas are homosexual!

On Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 03:02:38PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> The topic was if we would like an orca as our mascot/logo.
> If someone can't cope with that due to some behaviour of these animals
> say just no to this idea or yes of you like it.

pgp -kv debian-keyring.pgp | grep Benner

   Benner isn't entitled to a say.  Orcas: black and white, aquatic,
antarctic, but not easily confused with other mascots in the same field of
endeavor.  Bees, though perhaps appropriate, are harder to draw (not that I
can) and pretty ugly up close.  Puzzles sends a message we may not want to
send.  And maybe the Benner's will switch to a less controversial
distribution.
   Termites (think huge termite labyrinths) might be even more appropriate
than bees, but I wouldn't care to have them for a logo.
   Hopefully the gimp contest will result in a handful of very different
logos so we can decide what type of mascot we want by a final vote. Choosing
between say the best orca, bee, gnu, puzzle, typeface, current stylized
penguin, ...