Re: Release-critical Bugreport for February 22, 1999

On Tue, Feb 23, 1999 at 11:35:32AM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:

> > Do you want me to recompile it [...]
>
> We spoke about this yesterday and I already noticed that the m68k version
> is one version behind.

Yes, I wrote this before we spoke.

> Since it doesn't compile we might kick it off of slink/m68k.
>
> The code produces an internal compiler error.  This may be a g++/egcs
> bug.

Which is what I saw back with version 0.5.1 or so (I remember the author
said _egcs_ or gcc 2.8.x is requiered).  After upgrading the g++ package to
a version that was, at the moment, found on experimental, I was still not
able to compile moonlight.  I submited a bug, and several versions of g++
later, I was able to compile this version.

So, yes, I don't have any idea what this internal compiler error is, and
yes, I think it's a g++ thing.

						Marcelo