Re: *BSD port of debian potentially easier than Hurd portRe: [Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>] Re: Debian & BSD concerns

On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 09:00:01AM +0100, Peter Makholm wrote:
> Jonathan Walther <krooger@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Plus, running a system where its so easy to switch kernels has extremely
> > cool hack value :)
>
> How many would join the work of making a Debian FreeBSD?
>
> I would probally do it. Not because Linux is a bad kernel[0] but only
> because of the hack value.

I would given one of the following:

1. More HD space and possibly a cdrom with which to work on it
2. If it were possible to use my existing partitions, lilo, and binaries
   with it.  It's been figured to be possible with the expection of stuff
   that manipulates /proc or deals with the network devices and whatnot.
   If someone has a good solution to this and other problems, perhaps
   wrappers that check uname or something?

I would love to work on it in addition to (not in place of) Linux.  The
latter is more likely than to former but I'm working on the former as
well.

--
"Do you think she's the sincere type? ... Yeah, I was afraid of that."
                        -- Richie Ryan, Highlander: The Series