Re: Debian/GNU Freebsd

On Fri, Feb 19, 1999 at 03:18:17PM -0500, Phillip R. Jaenke wrote:
> > > profit off it. As it stands, it would not be in a company's best interests

> > So what if companies can make a profit off it?  RMS doesn't care.
> > If he doesn't, why should we?

> That's RMS. I'm PRJ. My views differ.

> Nor should anyone else. I agree with a lot of what RMS
> believes. That doesn't mean I agree with everything. Nor does it
> mean I share the same viewpoints. I believe that it is wrong to
> allow any company to take my hard work, put it in a pretty box, and
> make money off of it. Especially without myself seeing a single cent
> of that money.

You don't get it at all, then.  We are talking about free (libre)
software, not free as in zero cost.  Any software with such limits on
it goes in non-free, infact.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton               |   Fortune rota volvitur - descendo minoratus
davidw@prosa.it               |    alter in altum tollitur - nimis exaltatus