Re: It's time to talk about Free Software

Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Joseph Carter wrote:
> > I think it's time to abandon the Open Source, Eric can HAVE it.  We
> > need to wake up those of the community that have a clue and dig in
> > for what's going to be a very long night.

> I don't agree: as long as Eric does not own the Open Source-trademark
> we can do some damage-control.

I think we can do better damage control if we simple ignore that odious
term, and stick to talking about free software.  The word "open" is
something that turns off suits to start with, so the whole idea that
"Op*n S*urce" will be more acceptable to suits is silly in the first
place.  Suits have been hearing lies about "open" this and "open" that
for years, and to them, "open" means "we can't compete on a level field,
so we're trying to pretend our proprietary hacks are industry
standards".

Let the whole "Op*n S*urce" debacle die a well-deserved death.