Re: Telnetd broken?

On Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 07:06:06PM +0000, Enrique Zanardi wrote:

> Do you have the telnetd package installed? netstd has been splitted for
> slink.

    I have it installed.  The problem is in netbase.  Thanks to the
fellow who sent me the tip to check if inetd was running.  It isn't.
It also isn't coming up on a reboot.  So none of those services were
running; telnet was simply the first thing I noticed break after the
upgrade.
    Do I just file a bug against netbase now, or is there some other
easy explanation?  I find it difficult to believe that all the people
who went up to potato could have lost their inetd without raising a
stink already :)

 Zed Pobre <zed@va.debian.org> | PGP key on servers, fingerprint on finger