Re: Debian/GNU Freebsd

On Fri, Feb 19, 1999 at 06:26:48PM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:

Thanks seeS...!

> > I fail to see what it buys us.  Really, what?
>
>  - a new toy for interested people to play with

Most important!!!  =>

>  - a bridge between the *BSD and Linux worlds...depending on whether
>    their reaction is "somebody wants to play with our stuff...cool!" or
>    "how dare those barbarians pervert our precious code".

This is why I suggest FreeBSD's kernel.  OpenBSD isn't the same without
OpenBSD userspace and the FreeBSD people are MUCH more likely to see it
as "somebody wants to play with our stuff...cool!" than the NetBSD people
are.

--
"There are 3 things to remember about being a Starship Captain:
 Keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never,