Re: Debian/GNU Freebsd

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:
> The problem is that people that would otherwise be working on something
> useful would have their time taken up with this.  If there's no value to it,
> why should we spend energy on it?  FreeBSD is a dead-end path anyway.

Or, the other side of the coin, it will bring people to maintain
Debian packages who otherwise wouldn't have, so there is value to it,
so we should spend energy on it.

While I would have no interest in working on this system, if someone
does, I don't think we should try and dissuade them from it: it might
be beneficial in the future---additional portability, more diverse
users, etc.

Honestly, too, I don't see people abandoning or neglecting Debian
GNU/Linux in favor of Debian GNU/FreeBSD in large numbers---or even
small numbers---so how could it hurt us?

Mike.