Re: web based configuration

*- On 18 Feb, Dave Swegen wrote about "Re: web based configuration"
> On Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 18:24 -0600, David Welton wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 12:10:53AM +0000, Dave Swegen wrote:
>>
>> Hmmmm - if you just want to do something for fun, maybe the 'mutt'
>> mail program.  It doesn't have a super complicated config file...
>
> I might just do that - it would be neat if a new user just had to connect
> to a server and have a preliminary (customised) config file mailed to him
> (or her :)

I've always dream of having a web based custom Debian boot disk
configurator(not that I have the slightest idea how to do it).  A user
basically chooses the kernel options and a custom kernel is compiled
and a boot disk image is created and emailed to them(If the image is
not to big).  Of course this would need a super fast machine to keep up
with the load and be able to queue the jobs(Hey va.debian.org is idle
now right?).  Just a dream.

--
Brian
							   - unknown