Re: What's needed for kernel 2.2

  Peter>  Apart from what's in linux/Documentation/Changes, I believe the
  Peter> process accounting package (acct) needs to be recompiled, due to a
  Peter> change in the file format written by the kernel.  Unfortunately,
  Peter> AFAIK it is not possible (with the current sources) to have a single
  Peter> binary that understands both formats.
  Peter>
  Peter> I've written to the kernel maintainer of accounting, who hasn't
  Peter> replied.  I don't know whether that means he's busy or I'm just
  Peter> wrong on this.
  Peter>
  Peter> Dirk, can you tell us what the story is?

Umpf, I really don't know, I was running 2.2.1 for a while, but I didn't
check acct's output.

Ok, I just did that using the rotated files in /var/account/, and your are
right. The output looks garbled.

I will CC: this to Noel (acct author) to see if he has an idea.

Regards, Dirk

--
If the current stylistic distinctions between  open-source and commercial
software persist,  an open-software  revolution could lead to yet another