Re: What's needed for kernel 2.2

Apart from what's in linux/Documentation/Changes, I believe the
process accounting package (acct) needs to be recompiled, due to a
change in the file format written by the kernel.  Unfortunately, AFAIK
it is not possible (with the current sources) to have a single binary
that understands both formats.

I've written to the kernel maintainer of accounting, who hasn't
replied.  I don't know whether that means he's busy or I'm just wrong
on this.

Dirk, can you tell us what the story is?

pjm.