Re: Announce (and question): Masquerading PPP server based on Debian

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> writes:

   > The main reason I don't just submit it as a package is that its `base
   > system' is 68 MB, which seems excessive for the main debian servers, and
   > it's not really a package, it's more like the boot floppies.

   How about a package that contains the stuff you've written plus a tool that
   sucks in the required packages and builds everything?  Seems like this
   would be great to get on a bootable CD.

It's been done--this is essentially what the modified boot-floppies
plus mkisofs does.

Note that you were responding to a rather old message; the finished
system is now at ftp://pfaffben.user.msu.edu/pppconn
--
"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver."