Re: Intent to package a GTK theme, need naming clarification!

In article <[🔎] Pine.SOL.3.95q.990213122113.14767C-100000@red.csi.cam.ac.uk>,
Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

>I want to package the marble3D GTK theme, which IMO is the nicest so far.

Horrendously slow, but hey ;)

>However, I don't know what to call it. Our current themes are called
>gtk-engines-<name>
<snip rest>

I've written a WindowMaker theme (a la packages on wm.themes.org) to
.deb convertor, and I've used the convention:

wmaker-*-theme

Which looks *a bit* like, say, libmd5-perl etc...

>gtk-engines-marble3d (but that makes it look like an engine)
>gtk-themes-marble3d
>gtk-pixmap-marble3d (doesn't say it's a theme, though!)
>gtk-pixmap-theme-marble3d
>gtk-themes-pixmap-marble3d

I'd just go with "gtk-theme-marble3d" or "gtk-marble3d-theme", and let
the Depends: field establish that it's a Pixmap-based theme.

BTW an automatic GTK-theme to .deb convertor would be nice, too, if
you're feeling adventurous ;) somewhat thorny to write properly though...

SRH
--
Steve Haslam            Validation Engineer, ARM Limited, Cambridge, England