Re: RANT: "slow" release cycles my @$$!!!! (Was: Gnome to be removed from debian?)

On Sat, Feb 13, 1999 at 12:54:34AM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
>     So please, can we just drop the BS bitching from people about the long
> release cycles?  I doubt if anyone outside of developer's gives a crap, and
> the devlopers shouldn't worry about shaving months off the release cycle,
> they should be worried about shaving release-critical bugs off the packages
> they maintain.

How about I make it a little more clear. The length of the release
cycle is not a point of time, nor is it my opinion that we need "the
latest and greatest". It is my opinion that the release cycle does not
need to be slowed down by complex dependency problems that can be
avoided. The freeze is complicated enough, dealing with all the bugs,
without having to figure out which libgtk we are going to use and
getting all the packages recompiled for it.

UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc.                 bcollins@debian.org