Re: Gnome to be removed from debian?

Hi,

> Aside from making sure all the packaging is coordinated and done in a
> timely manner, this team could work on the "Debian Default Desktop," i.e.
> making sure the user can easily install all the needed packages and gets a
> nice user-friendly experience when they log on to the Gnome desktop. For
> example, you might integrate Debian documentation into the Gnome help
> system.

A "Debian Default Destop" is a great idea, IMO.

> How about a mailing list for this? It would be for coordination and
> planning among Gtk/Gnome application and library packagers. It would be
> helpful to me working on gnome-apt, and I think I could be helpful to
> packagers since I track upstream fairly closely and wrote some of the
> stuff.

This seems like a good idea, too.  How would we go about getting another
mailing list started?  Who is our listmaster?

I really believe that a Debian GNOME development team would help with all
of the current GNOME on Debian problems and would further enhance GNOME on
Debian progress.  Let's get moving on creating the team.

-Ossama
Ossama Othman <othman@cs.wustl.edu>
58 60 1A E8 7A 66 F4 44  74 9F 3C D4 EF BF 35 88  1024/8A04D15D 1998/08/26